Mulberry Moon

Mulberry Moon - Catherine Anderson Well it looks as though I am going to be one of the very few not as enamored of this book as all the others. I know that Ms Anderson writes some very sweet romances (I adored her book [book:Blue Skies|89354] to the point that I've worn the backing away).

But this book just made the heroine Sissy into a very childlike (and for me unrealistic and nearly unlikable creature -come on? A Pack Rat???) and Ben into a 'prince charming'; again unrealistic outside of a Christian romance. I understand that Sissy was abused to some point (and you will find that point near the ending of the book), it was hinted at all though out the book. I also understand that Ben does not want to hook up to any woman that doesn't share his likes and dislikes. I found this to be unrealistic and a bit on the cruel side - he wanted his women to adore his animals; ALL of his animals as much as he did and he wouldn't settle for anyone who merely liked them - with him it was all or nothing. I do NOT like characters that give ultimatums -on either side. This is what I felt Ben to be doing with his other relationships.

This book felt to me as if it had been hurriedly written with a lot of thinking about sex and once you get to the act it was like a deflated balloon -disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I don't like or dislike sex in books- this just seemed to be especially poorly written and not engaging at all.

Had I read about Ben's chest just one more time - I would have tossed my Kindle out of the window.

*ARC supplied by publisher.