This Is Where It Ends

This Is Where It Ends - Marieke Nijkamp While I was reading this book, I had to constantly remind myself that this book was written for teens not adults.

The premise was horrific and timely; although with Sandy Hook (among other school shootings) I think it may have been a bit on the tacky side. However, like adults, younger teens like to hear gory details about things. This book will fit the bill for them quite nicely.

For young adults and adults -not so much. Frankly though the cast of character's were interesting, the mindset and emotional aspects of them all seemed to ring false to me. But again, I have to keep reminding myself that these characters are not adults and would not have older adult thoughts, ideas and emotions. I would have thought that the will to live would have been too strong for these kids to do what they had done.

What is very interesting is that this is also a look into bullying and it bears asking just who in this scenario was the true bully?

No I did NOT like this book one little bit, but I can see how it will appeal to the younger crowd and perhaps those with young teens in the home.

I would strongly advise any parent to read this book first before giving it to anyone under the age of 13.