The Wangs vs. the World

The Wangs vs. the World - Jade Chang This was a very unique and mind boggling book, and by unique I mean that if you love books that have a lot of passages that needs a translator but didn't have one, is full of shallow characters (that do grow a bit, but are still shallow) and seems to be written by a biased, prejudiced against 'white people' author - then this book might be right up your alley. This books description also promises that this would be a humorous book - no, not so much.

The idea was a good one and that is why I picked this book - a rich family has to learn what it is like to be poor due to a bankruptcy and they need to do so on a cross-country trip.

Spoiler, sort of>>>>does this book have a conclusion? Not really; at least not a satisfying one. In my opinion, it was more like the last episode of Newhart or the dream episode from Dallas (if you are old enough to remember those shows!)

I started this book with my whole heart and full attention and ended up after about 40% just skimming a lot of it until something actually happened. Or until they switched back to English.

ARC supplied by publisher