Kiss Me

Kiss Me - Susan Mallery While this wasn't my favorite of the "Fool's Gold series, it wasn't a bad read. A bit formulaic, but then what romance really isn't?

This wasn't really a relationship based book-it was more of a personality 'flaw' based story. Zane is the hero and his flaw is that he can't seem to forgive and nobody can seem to live up to his standards. But of course he is hiding a bit of a secret.

Phoebe on the other hand, if I didn't know that she was supposed to be 27, I would have pegged her to be 18 or 19...her problem is her ultra huge heart and the fact that she talks to inanimate objects and animals - this was cute and quirky... for a while. She isn't hiding a single thing, she just lays everything out on the table and has no filter for either her brain or her mouth!

There is huge sexual tension that doesn't get... uhm...relieved until the last quarter of the book. Quite hot!

The idea of the cattle drive was a good one and it does drive the story, having a disaster happen (or near disaster) was expected.

Having this couple fall so deeply in love that they would get married in only a week is what made this a fairly implausible tale for me. Then again it IS fiction. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

ARC supplied by publisher.