Christmas at Tiffany's

Christmas at Tiffany's - Karen Swan With the way this novel starts out, I had an idea that it was going to be along the lines of “The Devil Wore Prada” somewhat crossed vaguely with “Sex in the City”, but set in three cities. I obviously did not do enough research into this book. I only knew that it had to do with a married woman (Cassie) being jilted by her husband and taking some time to recover in three major cities.

I was very, very wrong. This book was so much more than that. I thought that it would be a chick-lit, frothy; popcorn read suffused with fashion and sex…however, it was in turns - heartbreaking, funny, deep, shallow and very special. This book will forever be on my re-read shelf.

This book is a voyage of self-discovery, of making good and bad choices and finally coming to see that no matter what you do to the outside, it is of course, what is inside that defines you. This is something that currently too many people forget.

There is romance, several in fact, which are in turns frustrating and beautiful. The author has a wonderful way with metaphor’s and descriptions that make you feel as if you are in the city yourself; that you are the one living in Cassies shoes. Living her life.

This was a beautiful story of growth and will bring tears to your eyes as well as laughter to your lips and hope to your heart.