Mother's Day Out: A Margie Peterson Novel

Mother's Day Out: A Margie Peterson Novel - Karen MacInerney Please tell me there is going to be another book???

Wow - what a wacky book. Sometimes I would find myself laughing like a maniac and sometimes I would find myself nearly in tears.

I just have to find out what is in store next for Margie, Blake and the kids.

At one point while reading this, I thought that the author had bitten off more than she could chew and that all of the story lines couldn't possibly come together and make sense as they eventually did. And I felt that even if they could come together it was going to be a hurried and unsatisfying ending. It was not. The author did a wonderful job of tying up all of the loose threads (well except for Margie's marriage).

The writing style seems to be a mish-mash of so many other wacky style private investigator books, only better. There is plenty of mistakes made (some quite stupid) but there are also plenty of smart things happening.

The characters are a bit more mature than the usual ones you find in books like these, what with all the main characters and secondary characters having young child.

This was a great opener for what I hope to be a fairly long running series. This could a series that has plenty of room for story and character growth. Unfortunately what with the author's other series not running as long as I would have hoped, so I'm not going to count on it.