The White Magic Five & Dime

The White Magic Five & Dime - Steve Hockensmith, Lisa Falco Have you ever started a book and after a couple of chapters thought to yourself that this drivel just wasn’t for you? That is what I first thought about The White Magic Five and Dime, but something kept me reading and I quickly became engrossed in this book.

At first the sarcasm and hidden self pity from Alanis was just a bit too over the top …until you read further and really get a feel for our protagonist. Initially I was annoyed with see all of the 80’s TV and movie references but it soon became fun to try and figure them out.

The story is a mystery and a very good one at that. I wonder how many other readers will have an easier time figuring out who done it and why, than I did, but I didn’t catch on until the real killer was actually revealed. Anything else I say about the big reveal will ‘spoil’ the story so I am not going to say anything more.

So many secrets, so many cons…this is going to make an excellent series and I am certainly going to be along for the ride.

Happy reading!