Dead Ball

Dead Ball - Judith Arnold
So who killed the evil construction tycoon? Did he deserve to die because he left Bambi and Thumper homeless, or was there a deeper reason why he had to die? Well…no deeper reason really, but this book was still a heck of a lot of fun!

I admit that it was somewhat repetitive and you could even say that the author spent a lot of time hammering you over the head about certain things. Nevertheless, the red herring put me off the scent of the killer, and I am always content when I do not guess who-dun-it in the first few chapters.

I love the Massachusetts background; the characters are comfy and feel like they could be friends of mine. The romance really wasn’t…this is the first heroine that really seemed to have meant to have sex just for the sake of sex – but in a good way, not a slutty way or an over explicit way – as you will see if you read this book.

I do hope that there will be more books to add to this one. I would have liked to see some of the characters developed a little more fully and I really enjoyed a sort of ‘kick-butt’ heroine that wasn’t 25, a stone cold fighter with killer boobs! It really helps that the secondary and tertiary characters are interesting, annoying, funny –just exactly what they needed to be for this type of book.

Fun, light easy reading –just long enough to keep you engaged for a solid few hours –perfect for the beach!