Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson

Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson - Patricia Briggs If you are like me and dislike having to buy several entire books just to read stories and novella by your favorite author, then this book is for you.

I'm luckier than most, because most of these stories are unfamiliar to me. I pretty much refuse to buy anthologies so I haven't read most of these.

"Seeing Eye" and "Alpha and Omega" are the only two that I have read before. I must admit that "alpha and Omega" is a novella that I read almost once a month - just for the shear pleasure of seeing Charles lose his cool a bit. It is also a prelude to a series that I am finding I like just a tiny hair more than the Mercy series. (not that I will ever stop loving the Mercy series!)

So, all-in-all I found this to be a wonderful read (Silver being the one exception - it was a difficult to read and slightly boring story for me. However, it does a fantastic job of showing us how Samuel and Ariana came to be).

This is a good book for those who are fans of the series and who have not read the anthologies. It is nice to have everything in one convenient package.