Deadshifted

Deadshifted - Cassie Alexander This was by far one of the most exciting and horrific novels I have read in a long time. This novel went a long way from a speculative fiction novel and straight on to a horror novel. This was something I would have expected Stephen King or one of his ilk to concoct.

I must warn you that this novel does end on a bit of a ‘cliff-hanger’ note and you will need to read the next one (Bloodshifted An Edie Spence Novel (Book 5) St. Martin's Paperbacks (July 1, 2014) - to find out just how Edie is going to get out of her predicament, or if she even does.

Edie and Asher are taking a little cruise 10 days to be precise. While on the first leg out to Hawaii passengers start getting very sick. At the same time Asher thinks, and then is sure, that there is someone on board who he knew in one of Asher’s previous shapes. Someone who has done evil and is still be doing it.

Now Edie must find Asher who is missing on the ship AND try to see if she can help passengers during this catastrophe. Time is running out though, as Edie and her little band of misfits tries to save the day.

I hate to be clichéd or trite, but I hate the fact that I started this novel late last night. I wanted to stay up all night to read it and to find out just what the heck was happening, but sleep overtook me…darn need to sleep!

Ms. Alexander has done a fine job with this novel. Edie is no longer spouting off about nursing on every page and has grown quite well as a character. The secondary characters are interesting and the plot line is quite riveting. There are a few new ‘other-worldly characters introduced into this story as well and that is always a good thing, although I would have liked their parts to have been bigger.