The Good Sister

The Good Sister - Wendy Corsi Staub 2.0 out of 5 stars "A Long Drawn Out Adaption Of "Carrie"", September 25, 2013

If you have read Stephen King's "Carrie" Carrie (Movie Tie-in Edition): Now a Major Motion Picture then you have already read this book. "The Good Sister" is pretty much identical just with an updated twist (i.e. - social media, Twitter, Facebook, cel phones etc.).

This book is a very slow moving, unnecessarily complicated, even boring jumble of words. It takes about 50% of the book before anything of interest happens and what comes before it is a constant rehashing of words and ideas and whining and moaning...The denouement is sort of interesting, but by that point nothing shocked me anymore.

This book was one big treatise on how a parent can either do too little and mess up their kids, or do too much and mess up their kids. It drives home the point that this generation is not called the "entitled" generation for nothing.

This book, in its own clumsy way -shows us that kids and young adults are becoming isolated an unable to deal with flesh and blood people.

This book also, in a peripheral way, alsodeals with pedophilia and child abuse...but it doers it in such an oblique way that you are never 100% sure what the heck is going on.

The ending as I said, is sort of interesting, yet it is also something that you are going to have to really stretch your disbelief for, and I mean REALLY stretch it. It is almost as if the author knew that this book wasn't disturbing enough so she felt as if she had to throw in something really off the wall to liven it up and make the killer even more evil and misunderstood. *ARC supplied by publisher*
Comment Comment | Permalink