The Buckhorn Legacy

The Buckhorn Legacy - Lori Foster
3.0 out of 5 stars A RE-Print, April 3, 2013
By
Dianne E. Socci-Tetro "Books and Chat" (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE) (TOP 500 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

This review is from: The Buckhorn Legacy (Hqn) (Mass Market Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program (What's this?)
I've not read any of the other brothers books so I had no clue what to expect. If they are anything like this book though, I think I will pass. In order for me to enjoy my 'Alpha Hero' books, the hero actually has to be alpha, not just desperate and horny. Oh, and regretting that he didn't nail the heroine when they were kids.

The book also has to be a lot less vague than this one was in at least one part.

________> SPOILERISH<---------------

I could have sworn that Emma was pregnant when she had left town; that the reason she claims to have lied to Casey's family was that she didn't want to tell her parents WHO the father to her baby was, so she was letting her parents think the child's father was Casey. I felt that it was very vaguely written and that is why I thought the lie was that and NOT that she really wasn't pregnant. I spent more than 1/2 the book wondering just when someone was going to bring up her child, until I went back to re-read a couple of chapters! My fault totally I see that , but it could still have been spelled out a tad clearer.

------------>END SPOILER<-----------------------

There really is no story that I can see in this book. The entire story revolves around Casey having his way with Emma, very little is about Emma facing her past and dealing with it.

This ended up being a very slow moving and fairly boring story of what amounts to nothing but a building up of tension prior to a sex scene. I saw no character growth, and to tell you the truth I didn't very much like the characters that I did see. The characters that do show up more than once seem to be cliched and trite. The story of a small town bad girl with a bad reputation, getting hers and then leaving town under a suspicious cloud, only to show up years latter as somewhat of a success - has pretty much been done to death.