Luck of the Devil

Luck of the Devil - Patricia Eimer Luck of the Devil (Speak of the Devil) – Patricia Eimer

What a romp! This was one hell of an engrossing read, which is odd for a book like this. Sure, it was funny and irreverent but it had a great mystery, several surprising romances, some hot bits and a wonderful cast of quirky characters! I seriously could not put it down and stayed up until 1 am to finish it!
It is a fairly fast and somewhat fluffy read, but the author has put enough work into her plot to make it one of the better books of this type. Be aware that you may feel as I initially did. That the author forgot to close some important plots lines, but she didn’t. They continue into the next book in the series (Devil May Care).

As you can see by the synopsis, it is going to be a heck of a week for the Devil’s youngest daughter Faith. Her best friend has been turned into a succubus and has just accidentally killed Faith’s boss. Faith has been lusting over the guy across the hall and has also been depressed over her ex-fiancé who had gone crazy after finding out accidentally what she is. Her entire family has just converged on her and now Faith has seemed to pick up a stalker who looks to be threatening to expose her for what she is or kill her…one or the other.

We have a great family dynamic here what with the Devil as Faith’s father, her human mother, her half brother the Demon of Gluttony, her cousin J. and her uncle the Alpha. These and the other assorted secondary and tertiary characters are just great. The author certainly has a talent for drawing her word creation so intricately that you can just ‘see’ everything so clearly. The story line is so well written that you can easily believe everything that is happening no matter how wacky things get. It is surprisingly easy to set aside your disbelief for this book.

I loved this book to bits and I hope the author can keep this series as fresh as this initial novel as she continues with it.