Killing Time

Killing Time - Cindy Gerard

Killing Time (One-Eyed Jacks) by Cindy Gerard

This novel did NOTHING to suck me in. This novel sucked.

This is a novel quite reminiscent of Cherry Adair’s work. About the only difference is, is that Ms Gerards characters and especially Mike Brown, is so filled with angst, guilt and self-loathing and recriminations that I never thought I would be able to finish this book

On the other hand I sure could not get enough of hearing how wonderfully beautiful, luscious smelling, smart, sexy and what huge and perfect hooters Eva had. It really made my day!

The story is quite typical of this type of book. The type being men and or women of a Black Ops squad, and a screw up of massive proportions that our Hero is going to blame on himself. Of course in all of these books we do always find out that it was never the Hero’s fault –it was always the fault of someone higher up or someone who had been a close and trusted pal within the squad. It never really is what it seems and this book is no different.

The foreplay that each lover had going on inside their heads, was steamier that what they actually experienced…at least compared to some of the other books that deal with this sort of story.

All in all it wasn’t a bad book, but I never did get sucked into the story like I do with some other books of this genre. It was just a little too predictable for my taste.

*ARC Supplied by publisher*