The Housewife Assassin's Handbook

The Housewife Assassin's Handbook - Josie Brown The Housewife Assassin's Handbook

This was an interesting plot device – take one widowed woman with children whose husband was killed while working at something she knew nothing about-have the widow want to get revenge for her husbands death – have her take over his job- and then throw a sexy man into the mix who is supposed to be her late husband. ( because nobody but the heroine knows her husband is dead, not even her kids!)

I loved this book: the feistiness of Donna, the story, the pacing, I loved the mystery --- I HATED the inconsistencies. They were bad enough and often enough to pull me out of the story, and with no apology from the author, nor an updated book.

I had a little problem with Donna sleeping with both men near the end of the book,and I REALLY disliked the fact that she kept her husbands' death from her children, family and neighbors but I can understand that she ‘had’ too because of the mission.

This could have been a great book but for some minor things; with judicious editing and beta reading I think this author will go far in the ‘silly heroine/slapstick’ genre.