The Cowboy and the Princess

The Cowboy and the Princess - Lori Wilde The Cowboy and the Princess by Lori Wilde
*ARC supplied by Publisher*

Take Audrey Hepburn’s “Roman Holiday” and set it in modern times and then to really make it interesting add cowboys, a horse whisperer and red-hot lust.

What really bothered me about this book is how I cried at the ending. I was literally sobbing during the scene when they are saying their good-byes. I mean how can we really expect a good resolution with a couple such as this? We are talking about a horse whisperer and the Princess of the second smallest country in the world! Moreover, she is engaged to marry the Prince of the smallest country in the world---one who happens to be much older than she is and then produce an heir! For the life of me, I could see no way this book could have had a resolution.

As you can tell by now, this is a novel about a Princess that wants to experience what the world and life is like if she weren’t a …well…Princess. One rainy night as Brady Talmadge is fighting the elements towards his next job, a job that has him staying with very close friends, he notices someone hitchhiking. This someone is small, pale and soaked and against his better judgment and the rules he has set up for himself, he picks this person up. Soon he realizes that he has picked up more than he bargained for! And so the story begins.

It is a slow paced but very interesting and well-written look at what cowboy life and the life in a small Texas town looks like to a sophisticated and quite naïve young lady. It is also a story about what happens to a relationship when full disclosure isn’t practiced on both of the couples part.
It is wonderful seeing how the sparks fly, but that that Ms Wilde chooses to not allow the characters to get ahead of themselves, as it were. Ms Wilde writes romance that is hot in the fact that the main characters don’t always jump on each other before a relationship blossoms.
So never fear, Ms Wilde does find a way to resolve the issue of the Princess and the Cowboy!

Have the tissues ready and have yourself a good cry and a wonderful read.