Murder on the Rocks

Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney I have been reading Ms.MacInerney since she published the speculative fiction trilogy [[ASIN:0345496256 Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, Book 1)]][[ASIN:0345496264 On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, Book 2)]][[ASIN:0345496272 Leader of the Pack (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, Book 3)]] and I knew then that she was an author to watch since I loved those books and recommended them to friends.

Now Ms MacInerney tries her hand at true mystery and she shows how strong her writing chops really are.
This is an excellent book and as a first in series,it does a terrific job of feeding us information on what appears to be long running characters, background and descriptions of the Maine coastal geography AND it has recipes used in the story in the back of the book!

The mystery is a bit complicated only because of the sheer number of characters who are suspicious so it was a bit easy to figure out it was one of the few that didn't make the long list of suspects. Since this is a cozy series I forgive this and so should everyone, since we aren't really supposed to be reading a mystery as complicated as an Agatha Christie book, we are supposed to be relaxing and not over-taxing our brains!

I highly recommend this book, but I am hesitant to spend so much money for the next few in the series, no matter how much I like the authors style.