The Marriage Bargain

The Marriage Bargain - Jennifer Probst Pleasantly Predictable, March 30, 2012

This review is from: The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire) (Kindle Edition)
Yes this was a predictable story; but lets face it, it's a contemporary romance novel. It has to have certain elements that are almost rules. You know there has to be some reason for the couple to get together and in this novel the reason was that Nick needed a bride and fast and Alexa needed cash and fast. Nick didn't want a 'wife' wife nor kids or pets; he was no romantic, he only wanted a business deal. Alex needed cash to save her parents home, but she was a little more honest with herself about how she felt about Nick. You see she has had a crush on him since childhood.

So we have two people going into a sham of a marriage, of course the first thing that will happen is they break their contract and have spectacular sex. And Ms Probst does do spectacular sex very, very well! I loved the way she used all the interruptions as a sort of foreplay, until they both finally got a clue. Truly hot, but I expect no less from the author that brought us The Tantric Principle. There are other conflicts in the story which will lead us to the nearly inevitable conclusion that Nick is wrong, a bit of a jerk and that he actually loves her and her sort of zany ways.

This was an excellent character/conflict driven romance, with well fleshed out protagonists, great dialogue and fairly vivid narrative. AND it is at a great price!

Inevitably they get their HEA. Yes perhaps predictable, but why would we want it any other way?