Fair Game

Fair Game  - Patricia Briggs Fair Game (Alpha And Omega) by Patricia Briggs

I knew that Patricia would ultimately find a way to take both of her series and bring the time-lines together. This is great and I think that it is going to make both of these series much more interesting. Especially if each couple can ‘invade territories’ occasionally!

Anna and Charles need to make a trip to Boston to help the FBI with a serial murderer that has taken out a few werewolves as well as many Fae. Anna is a great choice to send (along with Charles) for this job since she is much better at PR than anyone else is. Moreover, why wouldn’t she be? Her Omega-ness will calm almost anyone and have them eating out of her hand, so it stands to reason that she will be great at PR.

Now Charles is having a problem that he (naturally) has not discussed yet with Anna. It has to do with the ghosts of the last wolves he has had to ‘discipline’ and what it is doing to him mentally AND physically. It is not good. Charles guilt has the ghost feeding off him almost like vampires and this will hinder him at critical times.

It is great to see that Charles is able to use his Brother Wolf when Charles feels he can no longer handle things.

The story moves at what I think is a perfect pace, and allowed for the perfect amount of time to deal with everything on Anna and Charles’s plate. Yet, I have to agree with one of the other fans…why wasn’t this book longer?

Patricia has allowed Anna growth in very few books, and that is almost unparalleled with any other author and she has allowed us in this novel, to see Charles being vulnerable. This was an amazingly emotional novel as far as Anna and Charles goes, but it does have its usual humorous bits, informative bits and even occasional snarky bits.