Thread of Death

Thread of Death - Jennifer Estep 4.5 Stars

As we read in the last full length novel [[ASIN:1439192642 Spider's Revenge (Elemental Assassin Books)]]the Spider (Gin Blanco) has finally taken out her nemesis, the powerful Fire Elemental Mab Monroe.
And as this novella begins we are put in the middle of Mab's funeral. Every crime boss in Ashland is there to either pay their respects or to gloat. And leave it to Mab, even while dead, to have a spectacular grande finale, with bullets flying and shovels being used as clubs.

This was an interesting novella in that it sets up future books so very well. We get to 'hear' the points of view and nefarious schemes from both Jonah McAllister who really wants Gin dead; and Phillip Kincaid who wants to use Gin for his own purposes. It was quite interesting to have a few chapters written in other characters point of view instead of just Gin's as we are used to. This novella plainly shows us that this series has a long way to go. I'm Glad to have Mab finally dead because dragging this one theme out for so many books was starting to get slightly predictable. I can't wait for the next book [[ASIN:1451651767 By a Thread (Elemental Assassin)]], coming out in February.