Sunrise with a Notorious Lord

Sunrise with a Notorious Lord - Alexandra Hawkins Of the four Lords of Vice romances written so far this has to be my least favorite. The first several books had held me in thrall and I just assumed that the rest of them would do so also. That this book would be as sexy and adventures as the others. But, although Ms Hawkins follows her seduction formula right down to the bone, ( first kiss,a second longer kiss, a seduction leaving the woman satisfied but not the man, full out love-making,etc.)the characters and the plot were the shallowest yet.

There was no depth, no growth and very nearly no emotion in the characters. The secondary characters (and I use the term loosely) were a farce. The Lords themselves are just becoming annoying as they stand around causing troubles for the Lord with a woman. I actually found myself not caring whether these two eventually found love or not. It was also my first experience with the woman being the least savory of the two.

I do want to read Frost's book, but since I have a feeling that will be the last one, I find myself in a quandary; do I hope the next book doesn't read like something merely phoned in or do I skip it altogether?