Dreams of the Dead

Dreams of the Dead - Perri O'Shaughnessy Dreams of the Dead by Perri O'Shaughnessy

Long time readers of Perri O’Shaughnessy, pen name for sisters Mary and Pamela O'Shaughnessy, will know that in an earlier book “Acts of Malice” Jim Strong who is at the heart of this new book, had been taken care of by Paul van Wagoner…permanently. Or, so we thought. Has Jim come back to life now that his father Phillip wants to sell the fading ski resort?
New readers will not have a particularly difficult time getting into this newest book if they do not want to read the others in the series. BUT, I really do encourage you to take some time and read them in order at your leisure. The entire series is well worth it (well except for one book that is.).
While this book may not have had the heart stopping action that some of the previous books have had, it has somewhat more of a mystery surrounding everything. Plots within plots… mysteries within mysteries. And a great big moral question standing in Nina and Paul’s way.
“Dreams of the Dead” has its usual cast of characters and then a few new ones thrown in for good measure and a bit of comic relief. This book is an intense nail-biting ride. One minute you will think you know for sure what’s going on and the next you will be flummoxed.

If I have any criticism for this book, it is that I’m wondering just why the Ms.’s O’Shaughnessy felt the need of having the character Sandy(Nina’s aide) writing a book and then adding that book into this one. It didn’t add any pleasure for me since I felt it was just thrown in as some filler.
Still even with that little fly in the ointment, I feel that this was one of the better books that the sister’s have produced lately and I would recommend this book and this series highly to anyone who likes legal thrillers.