Magic Slays

Magic Slays - Ilona Andrews If you love the writings of say Patricia Briggs---if you love action, suspense, shape-shifters and other things that go bump in the nigh. If you love romance, but not of the "bodice ripping" ilk---then this is the series for you. I can't believe that we are going to have to wait so long for the next installment in the Kate Daniels series. Booo! Although we do have Dali and Jim's story coming in Hexed releasing on June 7th.

If you have never read any of these books and are contemplating starting with this one, please don't. You really owe it to yourself to start with the first book Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)and if you have a kindle or the app for you computer also make an effort to get "Curran: Volume I (Curran POV) and Fathers and Sons (Curran POV) as well as the novella Magic Mourns: A Companion Novella to Magic Strikes:A Penguin eSpecial from Berkley

Seriously---this had to be the best book so far in this series.

Kate is now fully mated to the Beast Lord and as we know from the last book, out on her own working privately. Trouble comes soon in the shape of an unridden Vampire and soon after goes even more down the tubes with a neat little plot involving a mad inventor, a machine that will bring tech back to the world and a group of men and women determined that magical creatures and all magic should be wiped off the face of the earth.

SPOILERISH--------------->

Kate learns that the life grew up with was NOT what was true and now has to deal with several hard facts about her Sainted Mother and Voron. Kate will also have to deal with a suspicion that Curran may not want her for HER, but what she can do for him and the Beasts.

A side story involving Julie her Ward took my breath away.
And Hughes little play on the very last page makes this very nearly a cliff hang in scope.

There are enough side plot to keep you in suspense and several plots that will take several more (at least) books to examine. This book also asks us to re-examine everything we have learned in the last 4 books and to keep an open mind.

Simply Fabulous.