Magic Bites

Magic Bites  - Ilona Andrews Magic Bites - by Ilona Andrews

While this book did have some continuity problems, it was not anything I really can't handle. I loved this introduction to this series. The witty *rolls eyes* banter between the protagonists is a hoot. And it is especially wonderful if you read the companion piece, which will give you the point of view of some of the story from Curran.Curran: Volume I (Curran POV) It will also help with some of the other books also. It makes it easier to see how the series is going to move.
I have read the entire series and short stories, etc and I can tell you that the writing team that prints under the name of Ilona Andrews is by far one of the best out there.

They took what is now an overly-saturated genre and brought it back to life - each book holds more kick-butt action than anything else. There is romance but at this point in the series, it is merely hinted at and will build gradually like a real relationship. There is mystery with each book, flawed but wonderful characters. These are characters that you might want to have as real life friends. *sigh* If only I really could have them as pal.

This is an Urban Fantasy...NOT a romance, so please expect a LOT of action, a LOT of fighting and a LOT of bodily fluids. When this team writes a `bad guy' character, they really do an excellent job of it. The character becomes one you love to hate and hope that they get everything that is coming to them!

I don't think that you will regret starting this series, especially now with the 6th full book about Kate Daniels coming out on the 30th! There is still just enough time (maybe) to read all the preceding books!

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, Book 2)

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, Book 3)

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, Book 4)

Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, Book 5)

Magic Rises (Kate Daniels Book 6)

Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)

Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8)

Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)

Untitled (Kate Daniels, #10) May 2018