The Ladies Temperance Club's Farewell Tour

The Ladies Temperance Club's Farewell Tour - Jeff  Lee The Ladies Temperance Club’s Farewell Tour by Jeff Lee

This review should be a 4.5

Vonda Mae Ables, a woman of that certain age, has finally had enough; enough of her boyfriend Jacks lying, his impotence, cheating his old football teammates for cash and rescuing incontinent dying dogs. When the straw finally breaks the camel’s back, Vonda takes action and does so spectacularly; with what some may say is with malice and aforethought, a whole load of wine in her system and a football trophy. Now she has to worry about being a murderess.
However, she has girlfriends. Very close girlfriends. You know the kind. The ones who will have your back come hell or high water. Moreover, they come up with a scheme…a wonderful, crazy, spectacular scheme involving the dead body, a bus sized recreational vehicle, a deep freezer and a trip, A Farewell Trip to be precise.
This book is going to delight all sorts of readers. If you love the works of Carl Hiaasen (the early years) or Tim Dorsey you are going to truly enjoy this novel.
What a delight finally to be able to read a great kick-butt book and have the main characters be an intriguing age. I have been moaning repeatedly that I want to read something about someone around my age and who isn’t afraid to own it. Well I finally found an author that is willing to write something for the ‘rest’ of us and I for one will be shouting it from the roof tops. The antics of this trio of females and the trio of males who are after them

The characters are so realistic, that I swear Jeff Lee was writing about my girlfriends and me. The dialogue is crisp, wonderfully snarky, up to date and very fresh. Jeff Lee has spent a lot of time making sure that all of the characters, from the main ones right down to the tertiary characters, are all very well fleshed out, with each one having a unique voice and distinct personality. The prose is natural and flowing and is a delight to read. There is just enough description of the scenery to enlighten but not so much that it annoys and bores you.
I think you will be spending a lot of your time apologizing to the people around you for all the laughing out loud you are going to be doing.

Amazon based on the types of books I sometimes order recommended this book to me, and normally I would have just passed this one up, but something about it called to me and I’m very glad I listened.
Dianne Socci-Tetro