The Heiress

The Heiress - Lynsay Sands The Heiress (Madison Sisters #2)
by Lynsay Sands

This is the Second book in the Madison Sisters Trilogy and just a tiny bit weaker than the first book “The Countess” which was fabulously funny and romantic.

This is a comedy of errors since Suzette wants a poor husband, one that she can manage and manipulate. She thinks that she has found it with Daniel Woodward, a close friend of her sister the Countesses husband. However, what she does not know about him can really throw her plans in the rubbish!

Daniel doesn’t want the attentions of money seeking misses or the attentions of their grasping Mama’s, so he pretends poverty and Suzette is thrilled. Now Daniel tries to gently tell her the truth all the while trying not to succumb to the temptation of Suzettes charms and determined to avoid the villain who is trying to end his life.

I found this selection in this trilogy to be a little difficult to follow since it is running parallel in time and storey to “The Countess” and that was a new experience for me. I think that others may not have the same issues with this that I did. But I did want to warn people that it is a tad disconcerting at times. Otherwise, this is a perfectly charming and cute addition to the Madison Sister’s Trilogy. I cannot wait to read the third addition to this series and they will become “keepers” on my shelves.