Eternal Prey

Eternal Prey - Nina Bangs Eternal Prey is the third book in the “Gods of the Night” series and with it we continue the countdown to the year 12-21-12 where a Mayan prediction calls for the end of the world as we know it. These eleven men with the souls of dinosaurs have been called to being by Fin who is possibly a God, to battle evil and save the world. The only things more deadly than they, are the creatures they are destined to destroy. While this book can be read on its own, I really do suggest that you read the first two books in this series so you can better understand what is going on. In this book, we meet Utah, who has the soul and anger issues of a Utahraptor (a dinosaur) and Lia, a human who is the daughter of Vampires. Lia is intent on destroying renegade vampires and has neither the time nor inclination to fall in love with this uber bad boy…but fall they do.

While I found the story to be somewhat confusing and at times even a bit boring and predictable, it is a fairly easy story to follow and the heat level between Lia and Utah is…well, hot!. The secondary stories were a bit more interesting to me and I look forward to reading more of the books in this series.