Single White Vampire (Argeneau Vampires, Book 3)

Single White Vampire (Argeneau Vampires, Book 3) - Lynsay Sands This is the first book I had every read by Lynsay Sands, and it certainly wasn't the last one. The first time I read it I thought it was the funniest book since sliced bread and ran out to buy whatever else of hers I could put my hands on.

I just finished re-reading it and find myself thinking that it didn't quite stand up to the test of time, but that if I were a first time reader I would love this book. If you are tired of the dark, broody, 'I should not be allowed to live' type vampire, you will appreciate Lynsay's take of the genre. He vampires really have it all---soul, they can eat, drink go outside for brief periods. As a matter of fact they are descended form a race that lived on Atlantis and their bodies are infused with "nano's" which makes them need to drink blood, but they are not a traditional vampire.

While this books male protagonist is surly and scowly, he does grow and mellow and once he realizes that he cares for Kate his editor of his novels, he becomes even more even tempered. It was fascinating watching him grow from a man with no sense of humor and one word answers for everything ("no") to the man he turned into.

The humor is infectious and this was one of the very first authors I had read at the time that uses humor this way; now there are many but they don't all hold a candle to this author for longevity and growth. Lysay has grown as a writer with each and every book. I urge you to try some of them including her historical books---or as I like to call them 'hystericals'!