Fatal

Fatal - John Lescroart It was difficult for me to like this book since it showed us the worst in the human animal, but I did end up reading the entire book. I do admit to skipping and skimming parts since there had been so much redundancy.

I don’t know if it was the authors intention to write the characters as flat, unlikable, bleak and uninteresting as he did or to fill the gaps of the story with so much trivia and description about San Francisco, but this for me did not a good read make.

It was an interesting piece for showing that no matter how small our actions are (and this one was a doozy!) our choices affect so many around us. The ripple affect I imagine.

Unfortunately, there was less that I liked about this book than what made this a boring read.

The conclusion was not quite the shock to me that I imagine the author wanted it to be. That does not mean that I figured it out early on -I did not-it is just that by the time I got to the end I just didn’t care. The characters were just that uninteresting.

The author did add things that, in my mind had been totally unnecessary -why add the part of the terrorist attack and what about the anorexic and Ginny?

It almost felt to me that this book was written in the 70’s and then edited it to bring it up to date and the parts never meshed.

*ARC supplied by publisher