The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend - Katarina Bivald I really did enjoy this book, though at first it was a bit slow going for my taste. I understood the concept of one book-lover traveling many miles to meet other like minded bibliophiles -I have done this at least 4 times now though never outside of the USA.

This book resonates with me in another way -I am extremely tired of all the tab A into slot B sex scenes that seem to fill most books nowadays - this book had none of that. It was a gentle love story and the sex was gentle also.

The idea of having a book store in this town and the reasons for doing so was clever story-telling, although I would have liked to see more people getting interested in reading!

The idea of this being a "book about books" is apt but not 100% so. This is not only about books passion, but it is a fish out of water book, a making new friends book and a book looking at small town life; especially a small town that seems to be slipping through the cracks. This book has humor, in a twisted sort of way and the ending is truly a wonderful one.

One thing I am worried that I may have missed -was the reason why Amy died (besides being elderly) ever come out?

Seriously, the first few chapters had me thinking that I was going to end up with it being on my 'did-not-finish' pile, but something sucked me in and I am really glad I finished this. It most likely will end up on my re-read/comfort reads shelf very soon.