Arcane Solutions (Discord Jones #1)

Arcane Solutions (Discord Jones #1) - Gayla Drummond
I am generally a little leery of trying new authors when they aren’t published by a ‘big’ press, but I am so glad that I took a chance on this author.
It takes so long for new books to come out by my tried and true author’s that I just needed a fix that would take me into the realms of Ilona Andrews, Anne Bishop and Patricia Briggs. This new series seems that it will fit the bill quite nicely.

In this first novel we are introduced to Discordia Jones. She is a psychic with several different talents (much more than the normal psychic would have) who works as a private investigator for the company Arcane Solutions. On this particular day she is hired to find a teen that has either ran away or is running around with Vampires. Naturally as books like this progress, we come up with many sub-plots and even a romance (or two).
My only problems with this book are that Discordia’s talents just happen to conveniently fit any given situation and the fact that she tumbled into bed so quickly with her werewolf body guard. Then again, I don’t believe that this book is billed as a romance so I guess it shouldn’t matter that things progressed so fast. She had an itch that needed to be scratched and scratched it.

It is a good start to a new series and I can only hope that it gets better. There are times that the pacing seems a bit off and a little rushed. Still, it kept me reading and buying the next book in the series!