Best of My Love (Fool's Gold)

Best of My Love (Fool's Gold) - Susan Mallery I did finish this book -but I shelved it as DNF since I ended up just skimming it. This was such a ludicrous read. I must stop reading this series because not everyone deserves their own book.

Publisher supplied ARC

This is an entertaining and typical read; although it is a sort of childish romance. This book is written using Ms Mallery’s usual recipe, so there is no need for thinking while reading the book.

Shelby (an abuse victim) and Aidan (a man whore) decide they need to be friends so that they can see that there is more to male/female relationships and so that they can heal.

I didn’t buy it. Not one bit. The way it was written just left me feeling amused and not really in a good way. I fully expected Aidan to grow some breasts by the end of this book!

The sex felt forced, an excuse to continue on the book if you will and so did the so-called ‘friendship’. In my lifetime I have many male best friends and not once did I ever have them give or get a pedicure. We didn’t make each other do girly or manly things –we always did what we wanted to do at the spur of the moment.

I get the fact that these two are trying to understand and learn about the opposite sex, but in my opinion, I don’t think this was the way to do it.

Mayor Marsha makes a much unneeded appearance and very nearly forces Aidan and Shelby to do things that make entirely no sense.

Fans of this series will most likely love this book since we wanted Aidan to settle down, but I don’t think any of us expected it to happen quite this way.