Indexing

Indexing - Seanan McGuire
2.0 out of 5 stars Possibly An Unpopular Opinion, April 9, 2014

This review is from: Indexing (Kindle Edition)
I can already see that this review is not going to be a popular one - but here goes anyway!

I read this as a 'whole' book not as a serial, so perhaps this is why I found it so unlikeable. Each chapter contained most of the same information, so that made the book rather repetitive.

It was unusual in that almost all of the characters are unlikable, the story was inconsistent and overly drawn out. The mystery aspect might have played better, in my opinion, had the conundrum showed up earlier in the book -it would have give the reader a chance to build up a little more excitement. The conclusion was interesting, however the rest of the book for me was dull and most of the times confusing.

If you do not know your Grimm's Fairy Tales very well or even the Disney versions, you may be very lost during most of this book.

Some may say that it takes a while for this novel to get off of the ground, and they love it - but I am of the thought that if I have to almost force myself to reach the half-way mark, then the author may not be doing their job very well.

I adore the October Daye books immensely and am almost always engrossed and enraptured by them - unfortunately for me, this was one experiment that didn't work out as well as I had hoped.