Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet)

Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet) - Julia Quinn Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn

Marcus Holroyd, the Earl of Chatteris and Honoria Smythe-Smith grew up together along with her brother Daniel. They never thought of each other in ‘that’ way before. Now Honoria is a woman grown and Marcus had been tasked by Daniel to watch over Honoria. You see, Honoria has grown into a beauty and Daniel has had to flee the country and can’t look out for her himself. So, Marcus has done just what any other self-respecting best friend would do and watched for her well being- scaring prospective beaus and just generally being a guardian angel of sorts.

An unexpected (of course!) accident occurs due to Honoria causing mischief while trying to get out of the ‘husband hunt’ her mother has in store for her. This mischief leads to a near tragic accident for Marcus and leaves him near the brink of death. While Honoria and her Mother nurse Marcus back to health, sparks start flying. (naturally!) Of course as you know if you are a Julia Quinn book fan, you will remember what it is like to have the characters sit through one of the Smythe-Smith musicals…well guess what is in store for poor Marcus…and Honoria?! A perfect scene.

Julia Quinn is one of those Historical Romance authors that I’ve come to depend on. Her books are generally filled with realistically portrayed characters, a good sense of the author’s knowledge for the period, mischief of some sort, comedy, a bit of heartbreak and of course, love with a capital ‘L’! An Ms Quinn does not disappoint with this novel. If anything, I think that this is her best one yet and I’ve read them all. In fact, I think it is time for me to re-buy all her books for my Kindle so I will never be without them again!