Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite - Janet  Evanovich I haven't read the previous books in quite a while and I was worried when I got this book that I wouldn't be able to follow it without doing a re-read. However, I shouldn't have worried. I had no problems reading this since it can be read as a stand alone book. Enough backstory is given so you understand what is going on, and there really is nothing in the book that you won't 'get' , so don't worry...it is just simply a fun light read.

I know that many readers compare this series to the Stephanie Plum series and I can easily see why everyone thinks that. Many authors who branch out, keep using the ideas that worked in the original series. Yes, we have the requisite goofy pals, sexy hunk, snarky and sometimes fumbling heroine -but we also have a lot of comedy and that comes fro the antagonists as well as the protagonists. I hate to admit this but I did get a lot of laughs...more than I've been getting lately from the Plum series.

This book reminds me a little of the early Mary Janice Davidson books; back when there was a lot of humor and the ideas and situations the heroine got herself into was fresh.

This book is concentrating on Ammon ( a wicked rich guy) who thinks he is Mammon, the hunt for the Blue Diamond and the hunt for the Stone of Avarice. Wulf is back and he is proving himself to be not such a total twit.

I loved the little hints to the other series you will find with Diesel talking about his cousin in New Jersey - especially the one about the Porsche!
I loved the sexual tension and appreciated the fact that what DOES happen between Lizzy and Diesel happen pretty much off of the pages...yes they do a sort of semi- down and dirty.