Huckleberry Harvest

Huckleberry Harvest - Jennifer Beckstrand I have never been a believer in a faith or a higher being. However, the more I read of this gentle genre - and most especially of this particular author, the more I wonder. Ms Beckstrand does not hit you over the head with a sledgehammer to get her religious points across, she uses humor, compassion and common sense to make her points AND tell her story.

Also another thing I love about these books and especially this one, is that she takes a very important and timely story-line and sort of mixes it with a dose of humor along with a large dollop of romance to engage us in the story.

There is always a happily ever after for the couple, but she doesn't fudge when it comes time to the important things.

In this book the hero, Noah Mischler's father is an alcoholic -this is a very important aspect of this story and while there is much time spent in dealing with Noah's father there is no waving of a magic wand to 'cure' the alcoholism. The story-line is dealt with fairly and just like it would be in 'real' life. This happened with the last novel in this series also.

It was wonderful seeing Felty work his matchmaking skills this time instead of

I am quite saddened to see that there is only one more book in this series for me to read! I can't wait for the new series to start!