Venom and Vanilla (The Venom Trilogy Book 1)

Venom and Vanilla (The Venom Trilogy Book 1) - Shannon Mayer When I picked this book up I must have really misunderstood something -I thought it had been written for adults but I guess I was wrong. This book reads as if it was written by a mixed bag of different people. It read like a child had written some of it and other parts like an older teen-ager had written it.

I admit that I couldn't finish this; I tried, I really did. If I had read more I think my eyeballs would have fell out of my head from rolling them so much.

The story had potential, I admit that -the split world (humans separated from the supernaturals), the supernaturals policing themselves, Gods, a spineless husband with a bitch of a lover; what could possibly go wrong? Ohhh sooo many things could go wrong.

I tried I really tried to like Alena, but nope, I couldn't do it. I don't know if it was because of her upbringing and how she saw the world BEFORE (and her way of cutesy talking was enough to set my teeth on edge and not the least bit funny), or her sort of split personality she gets at about half-way through the book. Her brother -was another that I couldn't warm up to. The Grandmother Yaya; well she was just a caricature of all the other Grandmother's I have ever read in books like this one.

from what I see in other reviews that this book ends up being a cliff hanger; trilogies don't need to be written this way unless you are unsure of your future sales. Another big no-no for me.

I won't be finishing this nor will I suggest this book to anyone I know...well maybe if I hate them.