Curious Minds: A Knight and Moon Novel

Curious Minds: A Knight and Moon Novel - Phoef Sutton, Janet Evanovich This is one of the most difficult reviews I've ever had to write. I love the Stephanie Plum books, they never fail to keep me happy for the few hours I can sink myself into them.

I had such high hopes for this book -the book did not reach up to them. The idea might have been fairly fresh (not totally, but we won't go there), but the characters and writing was flat, flat, flat...I don't think that I have ever read a book in which I really didn't care what happened -about the crime or to the characters.

Was Emerson supposed to have had some sort of medical condition?

Like I said the writing was flat -none of the conversations between the characters had any inflection to them. As a matter of fact Emerson had a few 'sayings' that if I had heard one more time I would have tossed my cookies. Repetition is not really funny. Well maybe if you are 9 years old...

The mystery was insipid and even a little over done -I mean how many books have there already been about the bad guys taking over the world? Stealing the worlds gold -well maybe that is a tad unique, but then again I haven't read every book ever written.

All in all, this book read like it was written for young adults and was written BY a very young adult.

ARC supplied by publisher