Unzertrennlich: Roman

Unzertrennlich: Roman - Dora Heldt This book is set in Germany and that is about the most interesting thing about it. It is supposed to be about friendships, but what it really is about is women having affairs either with married men or while being married themselves, getting drunk, worrying about your age (since when is 44 old?)it is about how all of these women seem to think the grass is greener on the other side.

This is an ensemble piece and the characters are many and it is difficult to keep them all straight. The characters are not very well fleshed out and can be annoying to read about. They are whiny, selfish and I couldn't find a single one of them I could either relate to or want as my own friend. The story or at least what I assume the story is, is quit thin and not something that kept me challenged as a reader or even slightly engaged.

The most engaging part of this book are the columns that the main character, or at least what we thought was the main character, writes for several different magazines she works for.

Perhaps this just didn't translate very well and I'm just not 'getting' it, but I really didn't like this book and would be hesitant to read anything else by this author.