I'll Be Home for Christmas: A Twilight, Texas Novel

I'll Be Home for Christmas: A Twilight, Texas Novel - Lori Wilde I didn't hate this book, but then again, I didn't love it either. “I’ll be Home for Christmas” is my all time favorite Christmas song and is guaranteed to make me cry every time I hear it. So I had high hopes for this book.

What I look for in my Christmas reading is wonderful storytelling so I feel that I am part of the celebration. I want character's that are not too complex because I don't want to deal with reading about someone else's angst during the Christmas season while I deal with my own. I want a HEA. In this book I got one out of the three.

This book did give me a couple of giggle and it also gave me a few tear's. That's a good thing, but just not enough.

The romance/story was so ultra-sweet that the sex ended up feeling crude to me. Joe was childlike and at times smarmy with a good dose of lecherousness that made me shudder at times. And not in a good way. Gabi was just too annoying with her complaints about her parents. She's a grown up -she should pull up her big girl panties and get on with her own life -though I do have to admit finding out why she was born was a biggie and made some of her whining understandable.

All in all -like I said I didn't hate this book, but I won't be re-reading it.

What I look for in my Christmas reading is wonderful storytelling so I feel that I am part of the celebration. I want character's that are not too complex because I don't want to deal with reading about someone elses angst during the Christmas season while I deal with my own. I want a HEA. In this book I got one out of the three.