Tail Gait: A Mrs. Murphy Mystery

Tail Gait: A Mrs. Murphy Mystery - Rita Mae Brown I had vowed when finished my last Mrs. Murphy book, to never read another - I obviously broke my vow.

While this book still doesn't live up to Ms. Browns earlier works, it is much better than the last book of hers I read. This book still tries to 'teach' us good things, but not as forcefully as the last few. There is less politicking and more about history, less about organic farming and the hazards of eating/using non-organics products and more mystery. And thank you Gods and Goddesses for this!

This book actually has two stories going on at the same time, and until the ending you may not see the necessity of it. This was quite different reading for me, I really loved the secondary story almost more than the main story involving Harry and her mouthy (not too mouthy this time) animals.

There are enough twists to keep me rather engaged in the story and less inclined to put it down to do something else. Again, I still think it isn't on par with her earlier works, but it seems that maybe Ms Brown is taking her readers concerns to heart and doing what she does best.

*ARC supplied by publisher.